Vancouver, WA Personal Injury Lawyers
Aggressive representation for the injured in Washington
When you are injured or someone in your family dies due to negligence, abuse, or defective products, you have the right to hold wrongdoers accountable for their actions. The negligent parties should be liable for your physical pain, emotional suffering, medical bills, and lost income.
At Philbrook Law Office, PS, our Vancouver personal injury lawyers have helped thousands of accident victims obtain just recoveries. Since our inception, we’ve obtained millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients in Washington and Oregon. We have this strong track record of success because we thoroughly prepare each case. We investigate the cause of the incident so that all defendants who caused your harm are held accountable. Our team works with your physicians to verify just how serious and life-altering your injuries are. While we prepare each case for trial, we are often able to obtain strong settlements from the insurance carriers. Give us a call today to find out how we can help you.
- A wide array of personal injury services for clients in Vancouver, WA
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- Who is liable for a personal injury accident?
- “I feel bad about suing my neighbor” – what you should know about insurance
- Seeking damages for your Vancouver, WA personal injury claim
- How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Washington State?
A wide array of personal injury services for clients in Vancouver, WA
At Philbrook Law Office, PS, we represent clients in all manner of injury claims, from cut-and-dry accident cases to complex litigation against multi-billion dollar companies. We often represent clients in cases involving:
What are catastrophic injuries?
Some injuries take a long time to heal – years, perhaps. Some may never heal fully, and lead to permanent disability, scarring, or disfigurement. These are catastrophic injuries: life-altering injuries that require long-term or permanent medical care in order to survive. Some of the catastrophic injury cases we handle include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). TBI victims may need surgeries and a lifetime of therapy. Many victims lose cognitive abilities, such as speech and memory. Others may require 24-hour care.
- Spinal cord damage. Spinal cord damage affects the entire body. Severe cases cause paralysis. Moderate cases often cause a lifetime of chronic pain at best, and system failures at worst.
- Burn injuries. Victims of second and third-degree burns often need skin grafts and plastic surgery. In severe cases, the victims die. In many cases, the victim is left with scarring, disfigurement, and constant pain.
- Head, neck, and shoulder injuries. Car crashes, slips and falls, construction accidents, and other accidents can cause broken bones, bruises, constant pain, loss of mobility, and other injuries – to the head, neck, and shoulder. Victims with severe injuries may not be able to work again.
Who is liable for a personal injury accident?
In most cases, the primary defendant is clear. Drivers are liable for car and truck accidents. Property owners are liable for accidents on their premises. Construction site owners are liable for construction accidents. Manufacturers are liable for defective products.
Part of our job is to hold all liable parties accountable – not the just the “obvious” ones:
- Sellers of alcohol may be liable if they sold alcohol to someone who was visibly drunk, and that person later causes an accident, such as a car crash, due to his or her intoxication.
- Retailers may be held liable if they knowingly sold defective products.
- Trucking companies may be held accountable if they encouraged (or forced) their drivers to behave in reckless or illegal ways.
In every type of personal injury case, our Vancouver personal injury lawyers seek to hold all responsible parties accountable for the deaths and injuries they cause.
“I feel bad about suing my neighbor” – what you should know about insurance
Often, injured clients come to us with worries about filing a lawsuit against another person, even when that person is at fault. They don’t want to seem “greedy,” and they don’t want to cause people harm; they just want their cars repaired, their medical bills paid, and to not have to worry about the bills.
We want you to assuage those fears by pointing out that this is why you have insurance. If a driver rear-ends you, we file the claim against the driver’s insurance. If a company’s defective product causes you harm, we make that claim against the company’s profits.
Just because the incident wasn’t intentional doesn’t mean you didn’t sustain harm. You deserve to be compensated for that harm. We explain how Washington’s right of contribution laws help you get all the damages you deserve, even if a defendant is partially at fault. If the injuries you sustained were the result of especially malicious or egregious behavior, it may change how we purse your case – but it does not change the fact that you have the right to file one.
Seeking damages for your Vancouver, WA personal injury claim
The fundamental aim of a personal injury case is to make the victim whole. The victim should be compensated for his or her economic losses. The idea behind payment for non-economic loss such as pain and suffering is to pay enough so the victim is in as close a position as possible (physically and mentally) as he/she was before the accident.
Damages in personal injury cases include:
| || |
In cases where the defendant’s conduct was wanton or malicious, we seek punitive damages. If a loved one was killed due to the negligence of fault of another, we seek wrongful death damages on behalf of the family beneficiaries, which may include funeral and burial costs.
How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Washington State?
Typically, there is a three year statute of limitations, starting on the day you were injured or reasonably knew you were injured. Some cases, however, may have a shorter statute of limitations; some may allow you more time than average. It is important that you seek a free consultation with a Vancouver injury lawyer as soon as you can, to ensure you are not time barred from your claim.
Call Philbrook Law Office if you or a loved one has been hurt by someone’s negligence
At Philbrook Law Office, many of our former clients refer cases to us because they are pleased with the results we obtained for them. Many attorneys, even other PI lawyers, refer cases to us because we tackle the tough cases. Insurance adjusters and defense lawyers understand how dedicated and aggressive we are – and how prepared and persuasive we are. That’s why we are able to settle many cases. When necessary, we’re always ready to try your case before a jury of your peers.
To schedule a free consultation at one of our offices in Vancouver or Battle Ground, WA, please call 360-695-3309 or fill out our contact form. We proudly serve clients in the greater Portland area, and throughout Oregon and Washington. We represent personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis.