Battle Ground Personal Injury Lawyers
Aggressive representation for injury victims in Washington
One mishap can change your life in an instant. One moment, you’re able to work, enjoy your family and friends, and participate in numerous activities. The next moment, you’re in an ER room in agony wondering if you’ll ever be healthy again.
At Philbrook Law Office, PS, our Battle Ground personal injury lawyers demand that every person and company that caused your injuries be held liable. We demand payment for all your physical pain, emotional suffering, medical expenses, and lost income. In egregious cases, we demand punitive damages. We back up our demands through thorough preparation of your case, through consults with your physicians, and through persuasive arguments on your behalf. Our demands are backed up through 20 years of strong results. We’ve settled and obtained verdicts in thousands of personal injury cases.
What kinds of personal injury cases do our Battle Ground attorneys handle?
At Philbrook Law Office, we provide strong advocacy for adults, seniors, and children who are injured in most every type of accident. Our personal injury practice areas include:
- Car accidents. Our Battle Ground lawyers handle rear-end collisions, sideswipes, broadsides, head-on crashes, multi-car pileups, and single car accidents. We fight to hold drivers and car owners liable for TBIs, spinal cord damage, broken bones, soft-tissue harm, and all other car accident injuries.
- Truck accidents. If a truck driver speeds, is too tired, drives while distracted, or causes a truck crash for any reason, we work to hold drivers, trucking companies, and other defendants liable. We handle jackknifes, rollovers, underride accidents, spilled cargo cases, crashes due to speeding, and every type of truck accident case.
- Motorcycle accidents. These crashes are often deadly or cause a lifetime of pain and medical expenses. Motorcycle riders usually fly off their motorcycle onto the hard asphalt or into other vehicles. In many motorcycle accident cases, a car or truck driver failed to respect the rights of the motorcycle operator to be on the same road.
- Pedestrian accidents. Many pedestrian accidents happen while the pedestrian is crossing an intersection or walking on the side of the road. Drivers have a duty to look for pedestrians, to make sure they stop in time, and to make sure they give a pedestrian a warning if necessary. We represent the families when a pedestrian is killed and fight for pedestrians who are struck for any reason.
- Bicycle accidents. Cyclists have the right to be on most lower-speed roads, to cross in crosswalks, and to use designated bike paths. Drivers who drive while distracted, while drunk, while speeding, or are negligent in any way deserve to be held accountable for any deaths or injuries they cause by striking a bicyclist.
- Wrongful death. These are the toughest cases we handle because we know no amount of money can bring your loved one back. Our Battle Ground personal injury lawyers file wrongful death claims against drivers, makers of defective products, property owners, and anyone who caused your loved one to die. We demand all the damages the law permits – including intangible damages for the loss of companionship and love of your family member.
- Premises liability. Owners of retail stores, apartments, hotels, professional practices, nonprofits, construction sites, and homeowners owe a duty of care to anyone who has a legal right to visit their property – including buying products, obtaining services, or just meeting friends. We represent victims of slip and falls, victims who were struck by an object, victims of defective elevators and escalators, and other premises liability victims.
- Product Liability. Manufacturers make good money from the products they make and sell. They have a duty to consumers to ensure their products are safe. Manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of defective products are strictly liable if their defective product causes injury or death. Dangerous products include cars, trucks, medicines, electronic products, and children’s toys.
- Construction site injuries. Construction sites must comply with local building codes and federal safety laws. They have a duty to protect their visitors, and to warn pedestrians and drivers of dangers they know or should know about.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect. Seniors expect to enjoy their remaining years. If a nursing home commits any type of abuse or fails to make sure the property is safe from the risks of falls and the dangers of understaffing, they should be held accountable. Abuse includes:
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
Aggressive representation for victims of serious injuries in Battle Ground
Our Battle Ground personal injury lawyers understand how devastating injuries are. We work with your team of doctors and health providers to fully understand your medical diagnosis, your short and long-term medical issues, and your expenses. We also work with independent doctors when needed to help you get the medical support you need.
We represent the families of loved ones who were killed due to the fault of others by filing wrongful death claims on their behalf. We represent victims who suffer catastrophic injuries, permanent injuries, and injuries that heal with time, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). Car crashes, falls, explosions, and acts of violence can cause the brain to rattle around in the skull. Victims often need surgery and a lifetime of medical care. Many TBI victims suffer from physical pain, cognitive disabilities, and emotional disorders.
- Spinal cord damage. Spinal cord damage can cause full or partial paralysis. Victims may need spinal cord stimulators and extensive pain management therapies. Most victims also require extensive physical therapy.
- Burn Injury. Second and third-degree burns can sear the skin right off your bones. Victims often suffer severe nerve damage. Many burn injury victims require skin grafts, plastic surgery, and psychological counseling to cope with their scarring and disfigurement.
- Limb loss. Victims of any forceful accident may lose an arm, leg, hand, foot, finger, or toe. Amputees need surgery, workable prosthetics, psychological support, and other types of expensive medical care.
- Head, neck, and shoulder injuries. Damage to the shoulder, neck, or head can cause an accident victim excruciating pain that can last a lifetime. Victims often lose time from work. Some victims may never work again.
Victims who fall, are hurt in a vehicle crash, are struck by an object, or suffer any type of accident may also need medical care for:
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Muscle, ligament, tissue, and nerve damage
- Heart failure
- Cuts and bruises
Who is responsible for a personal injury in Battle Ground?
Depending on the cause and nature of your injuries, there could be multiple parties who are liable for the damages you have sustained. Rest assured that our Battle Ground lawyers fight to hold all responsible parties accountable for the injuries and deaths they cause. In many cases, this means filing claims and lawsuits against more than one defendant. Each defendant should have his or her own liability insurance coverage – which can often make settling a case easier.
Some of the many people and companies that we seek to hold liable include:
In addition, taverns, restaurants, and hotels may be liable for serving a visibly intoxicated person who later causes a car crash due to intoxication.
What damages can be awarded in personal injury cases?
Every survivor of an accident deserves to be compensated in such a way as to make him or her feel like the accident didn’t happen. This means compensating victims for:
- All medical expenses including surgeries, doctor visits, therapies, medications, and medical devices
- Lost income and any future income losses due to a disability
- Pain and suffering for the daily aches and pains, the inability to sleep, eat, walk, or perform daily tasks, and the loss of the pleasures of life
- Any scarring or disfigurement
- Any property damages such as damage to a car, truck, or motorcycle
If a loved one was killed due to negligence, abuse, or a product defect, we file wrongful death claims on behalf of the members of the family entitled to benefits. We also seek punitive damages when the accident was due to wanton or malicious conduct.
Is your personal injury lawyer near me?
Philbrook Law Office is located in Battle Ground, but we serve clients in the greater Portland area, and throughout Oregon and Washington. Rest assured, however, that if you are critically injured and unable to come to us, we will travel to visit you in the hospital or rehabilitation center. We also offer virtual conferences and telephone consultations.
Contact Philbrook Law Office for help with an injury claim in Washington or Oregon
At Philbrook Law Office, our Battle Ground personal injury lawyers have earned the respect of our clients, insurance adjusters, and defense lawyers due to our strong record of successful verdicts and settlements. We have a reputation for settling cases for the policy limits because we pay attention to the small details and persuasively argue our client’s case. We’re ready to try your case in court when adjusters refuse to make fair offers.
To schedule a free consultation at our office in Battle Ground, WA, please call 360-695-3309 or fill out our contact form. We represent personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis. We maintain another office in Vancouver, WA, and also represent clients in Portland and throughout Oregon.